We are committed to handling personal data responsibly and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, along with the UK Data Protection Act.
In accordance with the GDPR, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that person. Special categories of personal data include data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
For the purposes of the Awards, we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal data when needed to process the applications and nominations for the Awards, to arrange the Awards evening, to award and publicise the Awards.
We want to be clear about how personal data and other information provided to us is used and shared.
The types of personal data we collect
For the purpose of the application, we will ask you to provide your name, contact details, job role and company / organisation. We will only use the personal data in accordance with judging the category and information will only be shared with the judging panel.
For the purpose of nominating another organisation for an Award, we will ask you to provide your name, contact details, job role and company / organisation, for the same details (as far as you can provide) of the organisation you are nominating, including a contact. We will not ask for any data which constitutes a special category of personal data. We ask that you do not provide anything that would constitute this and the nominated organisation will choose whether it is appropriate to provide such within their Application.
From Other Guests:
Tickets are booked via an online form. We will ask you to provide your name, contact details, job role and company / organisation. We will not ask for any data which constitutes a special category of personal data. Please only provide any of these data within your application where this is information is manifestly made public.
For All Attending the Awards Ceremony:
We collect personal data for all attendees in addition to names, organisations, and image (photographs) taken at the Ceremony. Should attendees not wish to have their photograph taken or distributed, they may either ask the photographer not to take photographs of them, or contact the IBA event team prior or shortly after the Ceremony.
How we use personal data
We process personal data for the purpose of application; judging; organising and publicising the Awards, more specifically:
- Account setup and administration: We use personal data such as your name, email address, organisation and role to set up and administer your account.
- Nomination: We use the personal data provided to us by Nominators to contact potential Applicants and inform them they have been nominated and to invite an application.
- Judging: We use personal data provided by Applicants, along with the non personal data provided, for the nominated Judge for the category to judge the Finalists and Winner of the Category.
- Awarding: We use the personal data and other information provided to award the Category and make the presentation at the Awards Ceremony.
- Information relating to booking: We use personal data in order to organise the guest list, and cater appropriately for dietary requirements.
- Publicity: Photography is used at the Awards Ceremony and images will be used for publicising the Awards and announcing Winners within the media. The names, roles and organisations of those in the pictures will also be published.
- Information on future events / marketing: We will use contact details to inform you of future Awards and events with IBA.
- Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal data for information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
- Conflict of Interest: Sponsors should declare any potential conflict of interest if any company nominated in their category is connected to them in a personal, financial or business capacity to a member of the committee. Where there is a conflict of interest the judge will step down from judging the category and the remaining members of the panel will judge the category.
When we share personal data
The IBA shares or discloses personal data when necessary to process and publicise the Awards and applications. When we share personal data, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal data and why.
- Typeface Group: run our website which stores and processes the information put into the website by the Nominators, Applicants, Judges and Guests.
- IBA Steering Group: Includes Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council and Hampshire Chamber of Commerce.
- With the Judges: The Judge for the category of Award Applicants have applied for will be provided with access to the Applications within this category for review. In order to apply for the Awards, the personal data, including any sensitive personal data provided in the Application, will be made available to the Judge for the category of Award to which you have applied and potentially the Business of the Year Award.
- The Media: IBA release details of the Finalists and photographs from the Awards Ceremony, along with personal names, titles and name of organisation, of the people within the photograph.
- Catering/Hospitality Team: for the purposes of table planning to ensure declared dietary requirements are catered for
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities.
- To protect our rights, systems, and services.
Where we store and process personal data
Information is stored IBA website. Data relating to the Finalists and photographs from the Awards Ceremony will also be stored within the website files.
How we secure personal data
The majority of data is stored within our website. We are dedicated to making sure your information is secure. In order to prevent illegal access or disclosure, they have in place procedures for the purpose of protecting the information collected online into their server. They endeavour to ensure that all of your personal data is protected. However, as with any standard email, emails containing your personal data sent to or from our website may travel in a non-encrypted format. Access to data in their private network is strictly limited to authorised individuals.
We utilise cookies to enhance your experience on our Website. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the sites that you visit. They help to analyse web traffic and let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies enhance the usability of web applications providing an individual and tailored experience by gathering and remembering your preferences such as your needs, likes and dislikes. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You may disable cookies in your web browser settings and this will not prevent you from accessing our Website. However, certain parts of our Website may not operate as smoothly as when cookies were enabled. Please consult your web browsers documentation for more information about how to disable cookies
How long we keep personal data
The information required to create the login to the website will be stored until the database is deleted or there is a request for deletion of the login.
Nominations and Applications will be retained for two years post the Award Ceremony submitted for.
Information collected for the purpose of the Awards Ceremony will be retained for 3 years post the Ceremony submitted for, with the exception of:
- The list of Finalists including contact details for future marketing/events
- Quotes from within the Winners’ Applications; and
- Photographs and identifying information for the individuals within the photograph (name, title, organisation).
Such data will be retained indefinitely for future publicity and records of the Awards, subject to requests for deletion.
Your right to access and correct your personal data
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
- Access to personal data: If you request access to your personal data, we will happily provide this, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures to ensure we are providing the data to the correct person and keep your data safe from fraudsters.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal data; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by editing the information page.
- Marketing preferences: We will send you information regarding future Awards nominations / applications and Awards Ceremonies with the IBA, if you have chosen to receive this information. You may opt out of this at any time by emailing email@example.com We will not pass your information onto Third Parties for this purpose.
- Filing a complaint: If you are not happy with how we manage your data, you may complain to us directly on the contact details below, or raise a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office:
- Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
- Telephone: 0303 123 1113
We use Social Media to share and promote the Awards. Your interaction with these platforms is subject to their own Privacy Statements and Terms and Conditions. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information shared on Social Media.
Links and connections to third-party services
Our website contains links to Sponsors of the Awards and previous winners of the awards. The privacy practices of winners and the Sponsors are governed by their own Privacy Statements. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to Eventbrite of the Sponsor and available on their website.
We do not collect any data or information on children.
If you may have concerns or questions about this Statement, how we handle your data and information or wish to file a complaint, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org